About the project
The Rio Salsa Congress 2011 that should take place in July of 2011 is:
- 60 hoursof dance classesandworkshops(salsa,mambo,cha-cha-cha,zouk...)
- Twonightswith danceperformances, DJs and live band
Our objectives are:
- Socializepeople ofdifferent ages, countries,cultures andsocial classes
- Facilitateculturalsustainablegrowth, supportedby thelocaleconomy.
- Promoteandrecognizethe highstandard ofourdancers.
- Combinetourism andtradeof friendship,parallelto the event.
- Presentthe wholecultural contextthat surrounds salsa.
- Improvingprofessionalpracticeandteachingof salsa.
- Includefutureprofessionalsin the dance teaching market
- Strengthen theimageofRio de Janeiroin the global networkofcreativecities.
What are the funds for?
The funding we are asking for will allow us to makethefirst reservationsrequired:room rental,international artists, plane ticketsand firstadvertising. As we will start to sell tickets as soon as we start, we will be able to pay future expenses.
Our overall budget is around $50k for the whole congress. These expenses are used the following way:
- 20% goes to artists (Bands/musicians, dance teachers/performers and DJs)
- 35% goes to travel and acomodation expenses
- 20% goes to rentals: ballroom hall, dance classes rooms, audio and light equipment
- 20% goes to advertisement (radio, newspapers, flyers, banners on specialized web sites...)
- 5% goes to daily expenses
About the project owner
We are a core team of 3 people, in love with Salsa music and dance, willing to spread the Latin culture in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Home of the Samba).
We already organized the first edition of this congress in 2010 and wish do it again in 2011.
If you still have an unanswered question, feel free to ask the project owner directly.