"Reisegeschichten made in Luxemburg" - Tageblatt
"New Travel Magazine Launched in Luxembourg Through Crowdfunding" - Chronicle.lu
"Das etwas andere Reisemagazin" - Luxemburger Wort
"Chile im Mittelpunkt der ersten Ausgabe von diaries of" - Lëtzebuerger Journal
"diaries of - Travel Inspiration Made in Luxembourg" - Blog Jeff Schneider
"Eng gutt Iddi" - Radio 100,7
diariesof is not just another travel magazine. diariesof will be a bi-annual magazine with editorial content prepared by an international team of contributors, including photographers, bloggers and travellers. Each issue covers one country exclusively. The different sections of the magazine offer personal experiences on adventurous accounts, genuine and independent testimonials, exclusive interviews with talented individuals and reliable evidence of social and humanitarian projects.
More than making the readers travel around the world whilst reading it, diariesof intends to inspire the readers to see the world for themselves.Specifications
- Magazine size: 210 x 297 mm
- Language: English
- Content: 160 pages & 145 photos
- 14 stories, 100% inspiration
- Inside paper: 115 gr
- Cover paper: 300 gr
- Made in Luxembourg
3500 euros - if we reach the primary goal, we guarantee the print of the first issue YUHUUU ✔
4900 euros - if you help us reach this goal, we will be able to pay the printing of the first issue in its entirety.
5600 euros - this much will help us increase the distribution and the print run of diariesof.
6300 euros - with this amount we will be able to develop an iPad app of diariesof.
7000 euros - thanks for your trust! You will guarantee the launch of diariesof #2 Argentina.
- to inspire others to travel!
- to continue to be inspired by all the people we met/meet when travelling.
- to raise awareness of the social divide that is present in most countries.
- to give something back to all the persons we met in our travels.
- because this is not just another travel magazine and certainly not a travel guide. This magazine will make your mind travel and it will inspire you to get out on the road yourself.
- because this is the first travel 'bookazine' which you will want to collect and keep, to read all over again, once you reach the last page.
- because diariesof offers several points of view; it offers stories from different writers, different photographers, fellow travellers and locals from around the world.
- because each issue is 'hand-made'. This is no 'fast-food' magazine. We take our time to prepare each issue, because quality takes time.
- because each issue will feature a social or humanitarian topic, so that you see the other side of the story.
- if you can think of another good reason to support diariesof, we truly are curious to hear it. Let us know.
5 euros - You get: a personalised thank you message to show our gratitude.
17 euros - You get: one issue of diariesof Chile + a personalised thank you message to show our gratitude.
29 euros - You get: two issues of diariesof Chile (so you can offer the second one to your best friend) + a special thank you reference in the diariesof Chile.
43 euros - You get: three issues of diariesof Chile (for those who have more than one best friend) + the first 100 backers will also receive a PDF version to download (i.e. on your tablet, eBook, PC…) + a special thank you reference in the diariesof Chile.
100 euros - You get: one issue of diariesof Chile + (live or on-line) chat about travelling + a PDF version to download + a special thank you reference in the diariesof Chile.
250 euros - You get: one diariesof stool (limited to 10 backers) + one issue of diariesof Chile + a PDF version to download + a special thank you reference in the diariesof Chile.
500 euros - You get: a weekend for two in Luxembourg, we will host you, guide you, feed you and take you to our favourite places in Luxembourg (flights not included - limited to 4 backers) + one issue of diariesof Chile + a PDF version to download + a special thank you reference in the diariesof Chile.
750 euros - You get: a full page advertisement in this issue (limited to 4 backers) + three issues of diariesof Chile + a PDF version to download + a special thank you reference in the diariesof Chile.
2000 euros - You get: the choice of which destination will be covered in one of the next issues of diariesof + one issue of diariesof Chile + a PDF version to download + a special thank you reference in the diariesof Chile;
We have almost finished the editorial work. The texts are being proofread and the photography files and indesign documents are being prepared for the printer.
What are the funds for?
We pledge 3500 euros to help us print and distribute the first issue of diariesof.
About the project owner
The founders are a small but enthusiastic team of two, ably assisted by other international contributors. We are passionate about both travel and photography.
We have travelled the 7 continents and visited numerous countries. After our most recent trip, 6 months around South America on a motorbike, we feel the world just keeps getting bigger, not smaller. Our motorbike is our favourite (but obviously not exclusive) means of seeing the world.