CiD and Vébé are also the founder of INK Studio a graphic and web design studio in Brussels : http://inkstudio.be/
About the project owner
After gradueted in Art School in France few years ago, I moved in Brussels because it's a freaking nice city to live in.
Last year I began Happy Factory in which I make and sale upcycling jewelery (most of it is 35mm film earrings), art prints and lamps.
The first ones were made with 35mm film and as I design prototypes, I enjoy more and more building lamps.
I have many projects for that but one of my favorite is the ALS Collection.
As an artist I know many people with great talents. But even with amazing skills it is not easy to sell your art. A painting on canvas is very expensive so not many people can afford it.
I thought that there should be another product, in very limited edition that people can buy and artists can sell. And when I first saw the work of the collective 33% I thought, that's it ! Lamps with their artworks should be amazing !
And they are.
So we start a collaboration : I design, build and sell the lamps and they agree to let me use their art.
They get money on each sale so they can buy paintings materials, canvas and do more art.
I really want to continue this collection with others artists of all over the world.
I will soon begin two others collections, one with my artworks and another with a very talented friend of mine.
Printing and materials are very expensive so I need to sell some lamps before starting a new collection.
My dream is to raise enough money to be able to :
- buy materials for the next collections.
- have some expensive handtools that I need and which could help me design prototypes I cannot do know ; work better and faster so the prices can get lower.
- have some handtools that I need and which could help me design prototypes I cannot do now ; work better and faster so the prices can get lower.
- have a proper website for ALS.
- have a proper studio ! (my bedroom/studio is FULL of materials, desk, tools and prototypes. So it's quite difficult to work (it sometimes drive me crazy !) ; and my girlfriend is not very please when she find screws and stuff even in my bed...)
- buy a big super printer so cost of making could decrease and price of the final products could get lower AND be able to try more design, more easily (my professional print service is quite far from my home).
- lauch new projects (I have many projects to come in : lamp design, comics, edition, jewelery, sculptures,novel...)