With the help of a van for 8 months we will cross the fabulous Australian landscapes and we will be meeting with local communities. We will try to understand what the issues are related to the future of this country while having the features of living beings that inhabit it.
How Australians perceive the future of the various territories they inhabit? Whatdo they anticipate future problems they may encounter? We will answer these questions through a series of documentaries and photo essays.
- Achieve a documentary series;
- Understand what are the peculiarities of Australian territory, some of theseecosystems;
- Meet the people to know the way they look at their country and its future;
- Share our findings and educate the public through reports photos and videos
- Train young people by carrying out in common, by making presentations of our adventure once back in France;
- Sports and the challenge that human can have such an adventure.
Our team is skilled mainly in agriculture, we will try to investigate these issuesthrough topics related to agriculture, its impact or its development into newproduction systems.
Nevertheless, our curriculum has enabled us to acquire many valuable conceptsin various fields such as ecology, land use planning, resource management andenergy ... That's why we will also explore topics that are perhaps not directly related to agriculture but whose relations with nature are indisputable.
- The WWOOFing, ecotourism, the help-exchange ...
- Reserves and natural parks, the most natural sites in Australia
- Associations for the Protection of Nature (Landcare Australia, Keep AustraliaBeautiful, WWF Australia ...)
- The Great Barrier Reef
- Australia's biodiversity
- Invasive species
- The Australian forests
* The WWOOF ("World-Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms") is a global network of organic farms in England created in 1971 which intend to welcome anyone wishing to share their lives and their work in exchange for room and board.
What are the funds for?
For the project Alcheringa can meet its goals, your help is invaluable.
The means to this project are quite large but still flexible according to the number of episodes that we can address.
We would like to buy with funding the video equipment necessary to undertake such a venture.
On our return
The achievement of videos and photos will take place during the 8 months of shipments in Australia. The design of short films will take place during the return phase (about 2 months), they will be publicly available on our website.
Our photos will be posted on our blog over to our adventures.
We would also make a photo exhibition to trace our journey in pictures, whichcommits us to better help transcribe our ADVENTURE!
We estimate our fees for video equipment to € 3562.
About the project owner
Thomas (on the right)
“I have a high school diploma in Agronomy, I am now an engineering background in agriculture.
My academic career has allowed me to work as an intern at a technical center conducting applied research on fruit and vegetables industry. Another internship, this time from a breeder allowed me tofamiliarize myself with the rural world and to gain valuable knowledge in animal science. I was able to work in the field and practice two types of agriculture: the beef cattle ranching and intensive farming of pigs.
Fascinated by the living world and a consumer of documentary, my curiosityled me to get interested in maintaining relationships that man with nature and how it affects its environment. It’s important to me to share my knowledge on the problems that mankind may meet the twenty-firstcentury. ” He want develop this projet to deepen their knowledge and to act with young student.
Corenthin (on the left)
“Currently an engineering background in agriculture, I have a high scool diploma in Agronomy, rugby player and photographer, I am particularly sensitive to the study and protection of forest ecosystems as well asthematic related to organic farming.
Throughout my studies, I could include a probationary period of four months within Natural Resources Canada to study interactions between fauna and flora in the boreal forest.
Also, being from the Drôme (first department number of organic farms in France), I feel more concerned that the study of organic farms in Australia. ”
His love of discovery, his passion for outdoor sports and skills in natural sciencesled him to set up the project.